Friday, September 4, 2009

So I've been told I should start a blog...

..and this could be a good way to show and tell about the miniatures I make or whatever else may be going on. I make all kinds of miniatures, but lately I've been focusing on miniature butterflies of several breeds in 1" scale (aka God's Flying Flowers), so I'll start there.

Monarchs seem to be the most popular breed people like of the 17 breeds I currently make. In actual size, a monarch has a wingspan of roughly 3"; and in 1" scale (12x smaller than actual size if you aren't familiar), I make them with a wingspan of 1/4". It is also the largest of the mini butterflies I make, with just under 1/16" being the smallest.




4 Comments:

Blogger julie campbell said...

Hi Julia, great to discover you have started a blog ! Your work is amazing and I look forward to seeing more ,
julie :0)

October 22, 2009 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger Josje said...

Hello Julia, Good to see your blog! I look forward to seeing more of your work. I treasure the little butterflies you've made for me. Best regards, Josje

November 16, 2009 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger Christel said...

Love your butterflies:)

February 12, 2010 at 1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good. I have not lo logged in to this in years! I just wanted you to know I thought this was outstanding work.

If you go and read my old blog remember it is old and so are the links on it

January 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home